Glenn's Web Factory

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Introduction

Well, it's time for me to jump on this blog bandwagon! Something I've been meaning to do for some time now - but haven't as it has seemed hard to justify the time investment.

But I hope I can give something of use to this community in the form of ideas and solutions and observations to issues that are encountered by enterprise web developers and small companies with a strong emphasis on development for the web.

Much of what I discuss will likely have a Java focus, but I try to watch closely the goings on of other frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Zope, or PHP offerings - and I think many of the interesting problems are language agnostic.

Additionally, I hope this blog will be of interest to non-programmers who have a strong interest in trends of web applications and creating "best-of-breed" solutions for their sites or for their clients' sites.

Here at my company (bluejava) we challenge every status quo notion of this business and try to improve upon it. So far, I believe we have succeeded in handling many complex problems better than I have seen them managed before - and I look forward to sharing these methodologies with others and opening them up for comment and discussion.

Feel free to email or comment here with any questions or comments about web development in the enterprise, and I will do my best to get to them - perhaps answering them in this public forum for the benefit and scrutiny of others.

Thanks for reading, and here's to a better web experience!

2 Comments:

  • Welcome to the blogging world! Maybe I'll follow your band wagon one of these days, or maybe i'll continue to sit by the roadside and watch the cars go by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

  • Well Mr. Crownover, I see what you do with your time instead of e-mail friends....Guess who... ;->

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home